Sunday, May 18, 2014


THE FIRES (May 18, 2014)

(this is a copy of an article I wrote for our local newsletter, I believe others will be interested)

They really took us by storm!

Many of our friends and neighbors sat out that fire storm.

I commend their courage and optimism.

Others of us took the “easy” way out,

With some reluctance we turned our backs on precious mementos

And headed South,

away from the fires. I was gone for two days.

Now I am grateful to be home to snore in my own bed tonight.

My gratitude extends further to the many people and things I cherish.

To the specific good neighbor and friend who said on Wednesday:

“there is a seat for you  in my car!”

When the time came he picked me up with my bag and

four of us headed South, away from Lions Gate.

I am so very appreciative for the care we show one another.

I am grateful for all the people in my life, so many have expressed their concern to me.

So many of you called, I will never, ever again wonder

            if anyone cares!  Thank you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment