Thursday, June 19, 2014

Double Peak


Double Peak………June 19, 2014


     We were headed to a party, I had managed to mix up the time.  My friend and I found we had an extra hour “to kill”.  We had choices: we could return to my house and fiddle around with the beeping smoke alarms.  Or we could go our separate ways and meet for the party later.  We decided to take a ride, climbed the hill to the end of Double Peak.  It is a spot I love; it displays a 360-degree view of our town, mountain peaks from a variety of our California ranges, the Pacific Ocean in a quiet pacific moment!

     Frequently I have gone to the top to view a magnificent sunset.  No sunset this evening, we were too early.  But the sunsets are not the only feelings one experiences at Double Peak.   The end of day quiet was at once spiritual, relaxing, comforting.  I had had a hard day with doctors and their X-rays, EKGs and lunch breaks.  The low, misty clouds were almost ethereal in their formations.  Together my friend and I enjoyed the moment as an unwinding of the day that wrapped us in nature’s beauty and our own quiet introspection.

     Our end of day timing turned out to be perfect.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment