Sunday, January 17, 2016

TRIBUTE TO MY FRIENDS                                                       JANUARY 17, 2016

   Yesterday when my friends David and Joel came to visit I asked that they bring a hammer

and one nail.  I had one more clock that needed to be hung on the wall at Seacrest.   Of course they

brought more than one nail, they are smart enough to know how easily a nail can go astray. They

came to see the completed, furnished, decorated transformation of Ag's house to Ag's (much smaller)

apartment. They approved and agreed that the smaller place is roomy enough to stretch your arms

out without touching a wall,  It was important to me to have their approval.  They have always

treated me like their sister and I in the past needed my big brother's approval,  Unfortunately, he is

no longer around.   Joel and David do just fine as surrogate brothers.

   I had more help too.  Lisa Wells came to me after being recommended by another special friend

Lisa is a concierge.  In hotels, here and abroad a concierge is the most helpful person to go to. 

Whether it is the route to the theater or the name of a doctor, the closest museum or a nanny for the

kids, the concierge has the answer or will find it for you.  Lisa was a well of help and information.

At one point, when there was heavy lifting to be done, her boyfriend helped us out with his truck

and his strength.
 
   Behind the scene and with great patience was my friend and neighbor, Wayne Widener.  He is

indeed a loyal friend.  I did not count the ways or the days, but I could not have made the move

without Wayne's help.  He assured me that he owed me a favor because I allowed him to use my

empty garage.  I willingly accepted his reaching out to help. I needed it.  I did not try to discover if

my garage is equal to the support he offered me as we packed up for my move.  Wayne organized

and implemented the whole shootin' match.  It seemed to me that we accomplished the packing

without effort and with a lot of energy, all Wayne's!

   My kids, my daughter Judi and grandson, Matt were a source of encouragement and support

that I needed as well.  They have borne the responsibility for emptying the house: picking and

choosing, sorting and discarding.

   I am deeply grateful for the help and heavy work that everyone has donated to my welfare.

I do not know how much time is left for me.  I do know that, as I have noted before, I am not moving

again.  I had a big team helping me and encouraging me;  I will not impose on them again.  I am too

old to repeat this commotion and I will not impose my needs on my friends, not even one more time.

   There is no way I can repay the affection and care you have shown to me.  Please

understand I am deeply, sincerely grateful and love you.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment